Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time for a Make-Over

Some people once said


I am a nobody


I was nothing


You know they were right


I wanted to believe I was


I certainly thought I was


They taught me a lesson that day


It took a while to sink in


I am not here to please


I am not here for you


I am here for me


If I help you


I help you because I want to


If I please you


I please you because I want to


I don't have to impress


Though I feel I do


If I impress you


It's only because I wanted to


You don't like me


Who cares?


Who are you?


Who am I?


Today I found


I have a stone


It's not my heart


But it will do


If you care about me


Perhaps I'll care about you


I'm sorry if you feel it must be my lead


Today, I've decided to wait


I am nobody as are you


I am nothing as you too


You don't like me


It's only because


You don't know me


And I don't know you


While we wait and ponder the truth


I'll just keep my stone

1 comment:

Cindy said...

awww "some people" are just that.... "some"....